SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
This document details the Terms & Conditions for LLI Architectural Lighting LLC, along with its affiliated parties (collectively, “LLI”). All products sold by LLI (the “Products”) are governed by these Terms and Conditions. Products ordered by any customer (“Buyer”) from LLI or appointed Sales Agencies constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Buyer’s acceptance of the Terms and Conditions will be presumed upon Buyer’s submittal of a purchase order. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous versions and constitute the entire agreement between LLI and the Buyer.
PRICING & QUOTATIONS
- For pricing or quotations, contact your local sales representative or LLI customer service via email at email@example.com or phone at (847) 412-4880. All prices are in US Dollars and do not include shipping, handling, taxes, installation, export or custom fees, duties or other fees.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, all quotations are valid for 30 days. Prices quoted are subject to change once approved drawings are received and reviewed. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All orders must be placed in writing with LLI customer service and must be placed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Company name, purchase order number, the item part numbers and quantities being ordered are required. If a quote was issued by LLI, include the quote number on the PO when submitting the order to ensure accuracy. The Buyer will receive a written email acknowledgement from LLI once the order has been accepted.
- LLI does not guarantee the availability of any Product and reserves the right to discontinue or change the specifications of Products at any time without notice. We reserve the right to change the design of a product in the interest of product development.
- If LLI is requested to provide drawings, take-offs, or schematics (collectively referred to as “Supporting Documents”) to the Buyer, the Buyer shall bear the responsibility to ensure that all Supporting Documents as well as the measurements, dimensions, layouts, and quantities of Product ordered are correct.
- LLI makes every effort to avoid errors on the website, price sheets, spec sheets and other documentation. LLI will not accept responsibility for labor costs related to errors of measurements, prices, descriptions, etc.
- The acceptance of a purchase order from a Buyer is expressly made conditional upon Buyer’s agreement to the Terms and Conditions stated herein and/or stated on the invoice. In the absence of any written notification to the contrary, and based on the issuance of a purchase order, Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions as stated herein and/or on the invoice.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. We may also require additional verification or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of the order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept the order. If your order is cancelled after payment received, we will issue a credit either by the charged payment method or to Buyer’s account for the amount of the charge.
- Custom orders may require additional production time. If you are under a deadline, please contact us at 847-412-4880 or email@example.com to verify production time.
- LLI may require a deposit on purchase orders at its discretion. Large quantity orders will require a 50% deposit. All custom/special orders will require a 50% deposit before LLI executes on the PO.
- Large quantity and custom/special orders cannot be cancelled or changed once deposit has been received by LLI and they are non-returnable (NCNR). Lead-time on custom orders may vary depending on product availability and complexity of the order.
- Additional custom charges may apply under the conditions including: wire leads are in excess of 48″; heavier gauge wire is required to reduce voltage drop.
- All custom lengths of tape light will be rounded up to the nearest foot and charged by the foot.
- Minimum order quantities (MOQ) may apply. Special order fees may apply for non-stock items.
- Standard orders can be cancelled or changed only with written notice to LLI and with LLI’s written consent. Cancellations or changes must be made in writing and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations cannot be made after order has been accepted by LLI.
PAYMENT TERMS & POLICIES
- Specific payment terms are indicated on all invoices. All orders with LLI are prepaid (payment in advance) unless Buyer has been granted credit terms. Payment terms/dating up to net thirty (30) days from invoice date are available for approved customers. The Buyer’s credit limit will be determined at the time payment terms are granted.
- Buyers must complete and sign LLI’s Credit Application as well as LLI’s Sales Terms and Conditions for their account to be opened. Buyers must also send LLI their Blanket Certificate of Resale (signed form CRT-61), which must contain a valid sales tax exemption number for the Buyer’s respective state. Purchase orders will not be processed until these completed forms have been received and approved by LLI. Completed applications should be emailed to Customer Service at email@example.com.
- All payments can be sent via email, fax, or mailed to the “Remit To” address indicated on the invoice, currently 1555 Barclay Blvd. Buffalo Grove, IL 60089.
- LLI accepts the following forms of payment: corporate checks, money orders, ACH, wire transfers (wire fees are the responsibility of the payee), and most major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover). Credit card payments may be subject to additional fees.
- Payments and deposits via check for orders over $200 will be held until cleared (typically three business days after receipt of check).
- Sales taxes may be applied unless we have a tax-exempt form on file.
- Past due accounts may be charged a service fee of 1.5% per month. LLI may suspend delivery of any order until any past due payments are made. Returned checks (NSF) are the responsibility of the buyer and are subject to a $50 charge.
- Buyer agrees to submit financial information as may be reasonably requested by LLI to establish and/or continue credit terms.
- Any shipping dates provided by LLI are LLI’s estimates only and should not be considered a fixed or guaranteed date. LLI shall not be responsible for any damages, penalties or charge backs of any kind resulting from delayed shipments or its inability to ship by the acknowledged date.
SHIPPING TERMS & POLICIES
- All shipments are F.O.B. Shipping Point.
- Full freight allowed (“FFA”) on orders over $500 net if the order is shipped to a single commercial location within the continental United States. This policy excludes express or air shipments and custom/special orders. Orders only qualify for free freight if payment terms are met. LLI typically ships via FedEx Ground. If expedited shipments or specific carriers are requested, the request must be in writing and the cost will be the responsibility of the requester. Lift gate charges or extra charges are not included in FFA.
- For expedited services (2nd Day Air, Overnight, etc.) orders must be received and confirmed before 11am Central Standard Time for shipment to occur the same day (provided required payment terms have been met). Custom orders are an exception and may require more time to produce. These will ship out via the selected service once the order has been completed.
- Items shipping outside the continental US incur additional costs. Buyer will be given a freight estimate when order is processed and notified via email. Actual shipping charges will be provided via email once the order is shipped.
- Freight on shipments that meet FFA and are shipped to a commercial location outside the continental U.S. (including Canada, Hawaii or Alaska), are prepaid by LLI to a continental U.S. forwarder’s warehouse determined by the Buyer and billed to the Buyer and such shipments are the Buyer’s responsibility beyond such point (including duties, taxes/customs, and brokerage fees).
- LLI reserves the right to refuse drop shipment or pick-up orders that are bound for destinations outside the distributor’s regular or assigned selling or service area. Drop shipments are subject to additional charges at LLI’s discretion.
- Special shipping accommodations are available if needed. Buyer will be billed for these services as assessed by the freight company.
- Backorders will be shipped F.O.B. Shipping Point with freight prepaid and allowed via the most cost-effective method, providing the original order met FFA.
- LLI is not responsible for shipments after they have been accepted by shipping company. Risk of loss and title pass to customer upon delivery to carrier. Buyer must examine all arriving merchandise, note damage on the bill of lading and if necessary, file a damage claim with carrier. We recommend that buyer refuses damaged shipments. LLI will not be responsible for carrier neglect or damage by shipping companies.
- Any claim for Product shortage must be made in writing to LLI customer service within three (3) days after the receipt of the items.
- Product is not returnable without the written consent of LLI. Returned goods require a RMA number. Unless defective, returns are subject to a minimum restocking charge of 25%. Unsaleable Product will not be accepted for return. Custom Products or Products deemed to be unsaleable may not be returned. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
- All returned goods must be received by LLI in excellent, resalable condition and packaged in the original packaging with all inside packing intact. LLI is not responsible for damages incurred during shipping. Products will be inspected upon return and any service or repair needed to place them to resalable condition will be charged and added to the restocking charge. The 25% restocking charge on Product will be deducted from all credits issued on authorized Product returns. Returns are for credit or exchange only.
- A Buyer must contact LLI and submit a completed RMA request form within thirty (30) days from the date of sale. RMA request forms are available from customer service. Completed RMA request forms must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. LLI will not accept returns without prior authorization and the appropriate RMA number. Product returned without authorization may be refused or returned at shipper’s expense. Note that no returns on custom orders or discontinued items are accepted.
- Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for thirty (30) days within which time returned Products must be received by LLI. The RMA number must be prominently displayed on the shipping label for the returned product. The Buyer must send LLI a copy of the invoice marked “Returned for Credit”.
- Except for cases when the return is due to a manufacturer’s defect, the Buyer is responsible for shipping the product to LLI and covering the shipping costs. All freight, transportation or insurance costs required for the return delivery must be prepaid. These costs are non-refundable in most cases. If the return of goods is made necessary through any fault of LLI and written permission is granted for its return, LLI will give credit including transportation charges if returned per instructions on the RGA.
- Product refunds will appear as a credit on your billing statement.
- All replacements for defective units will be billed. Credit for defective units will be given only if defective units are 1) returned to LLI within 30 days of receipt of replacements and 2) inspected and approved as defective by LLI.